alpha Kappa Delta Phi 101 For Parents
Since 1990, the sisters of alpha Kappa Delta Phi Sorority Inc. have been on a mission to foster the making of successful women. Over twenty years later, our mission remains the same. In alpha Kappa Delta Phi, thousands of women from around the world have found their place and come together to bond as sisters, representing all different ages, ethnicities, histories, and walks of life. We hope that we can help your daughter find her place here as well.
How does this affect you and your daughter?
By becoming a member of alpha Kappa Delta Phi, your daughter has the opportunity to develop and grow into a strong and independent young woman.
- Be able to develop her strengths, challenge her weaknesses, and ultimately realize the great potential that she has within herself.
- Gain access to a level of networking that goes beyond what is offered to ordinary college students - creating relationships with doctors, lawyers, entrepreneurs, businesswomen, and other successful alumnae who have also taken part in this journey.
- Be given tools to enhance her overall college experience and provide her with the opportunity to interact with other diverse women.
- Enhance her leadership and professional skills and apply it to her post-undergraduate career.
- Make a rewarding difference in her community by hosting community service events and promoting our national philanthropy, breast cancer awareness.
- Learn how to effectively demonstrate leadership through attending conferences, and having the opportunity to apply those skills in chapter management and her post-undergraduate career.
- Not only will she participate in all of the aforementioned activities, but she will also take with her a lifetime of love, friendship, and sisterhood – a thread shared amongst over 5,000 sisters worldwide.
- The lessons of sisterhood attained through membership in alpha Kappa Delta Phi are used throughout each sister’s life. The bonds that are made and the experiences that are encountered will fill your daughter’s college years with unforgettable memories. We value the shared sisterhood experience of our members, and hope that it can be properly expressed to you.
Please take this opportunity to browse our website and learn more about our historical significance, guiding principles, and organizational news. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to us via email.
Process of Joining
The recruitment period to join alpha Kappa Delta Phi usually takes place in the beginning weeks of a semester/quarter, with costs no incurred to participate. Every chapter hosts unique events to demonstrate how they uphold the pillars of our organization. In alpha Kappa Delta Phi, we are looking for women who will uphold our pillars of sisterhood, scholastic excellence, leadership, philanthropy and Asian awareness. During the “rush” or “recruitment” period, your daughter will have the opportunity to interact with the sisters and receive information about our organization. It is a chance to determine if there is a mutual fit between your daughter and the alpha Kappa Delta Phi chapter.
For more information on recruitment at a particular school, find a list of schools that have active chapters here.
The Benefits of Going Greek
The question stands: Why Go Greek?
There are many benefits that come with your daughter becoming a part of our Greek family. Here are just a few national Greek life statistics that showcase the impact of joining a Greek organization:
- Of the nation’s 50 largest corporations, 43 are headed by members of the Greek community.
- 85% of the Fortune 500 executives belong to Greek life.
- Every U.S. President and Vice President, except two in each office, and those born since 1825, have been members of Greek life.
- A United States Government study shows that over 70% of all those who join Greek life graduate, while under 50% of all non-Greek persons graduate.
- The first female Senator and Astronaut were Greek.
- Over $7 million is raised each year by Greeks nationally.
- The Greek system is the largest network of volunteers in the U.S., with members dedicating over 10 million hours of volunteer service each year.
These are just a few things that your daughter could experience by becoming a part of the Greek community.
In alpha Kappa Delta Phi Sorority, Inc., your daughter will have access to a vast array of opportunities. Some of those include, but are not limited to:
- Being a part of the largest, strongest, fastest-growing, and ONLY international Asian-interest sorority in North America & Canada.
- Having access to over 5,000+ sisters in North America & Canada and an alumnae database that spans all over the world.
- Making in a difference in the fight against a disease that (directly and indirectly) affects all women: breast cancer. Our national philanthropy raises funds for the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade.
- Becoming a student leader, interacting with a variety of other campus organizations, advisors, and councils.
- Enhance her leadership and time management while upholding our standards of scholastic excellence, leadership development, and cultural awareness.
Above all, through the journey of alpha Kappa Delta Phi Sorority, Inc., your daughter will live through an unforgettable and irreplaceable experience. Sisters of alpha Kappa Delta Phi Sorority gain numerous things: memories of accomplishments, leadership and networking skills, and lifelong relationships. Like all who have come before her, your daughter will stand tall and proud to be a member of alpha Kappa Delta Phi Sorority.